Collecting your personal information
Angas Securities collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you attend a face-to-face interview;
- directly from you, when you provide information through a data collection/application form;
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone;
- directly from you, via an email or the Internet; and
- directly from fund managers, superannuation funds, life insurance companies and product issuers once authorisation has been provided by you.
You may deal with us anonymously where it is lawful and practicable to do so.
The personal information collected by us includes the investor’s name, postal and/or residential address, telephone and facsimile numbers, bank account details and tax file number. Without your consent, we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of professional or trade associations, memberships of trade unions, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
This is subject to some exceptions, including where:
- the collection is required by law; and
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Personal information will be treated as “confidential” and sensitive information will be treated as “highly confidential”. Angas Securities uses the personal information contained in its application/data collection forms for related purposes, such as administration and providing services to clients in relation to their investments/transactions with the Company. ”Administration” includes monitoring, auditing, evaluating, modelling data, dealing with complaints, answering queries and providing services in relation to investments and loans with the Company. In certain cases we may collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from your representative (such as an authorised legal representative or financial adviser).
You have the right to refuse authorisation to collect information from a third party; however, if you do not provide the information requested, Angas Securities may not be able to process or accept your application.
We may also use the information to provide you with direct marketing material. This will include articles and newsletters that may be of interest to you. We maintain a register of those individuals who do not wish to receive marketing material. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive this information, you may contact us with this request.
Sharing your personal information
Angas Securities may share personal information with third parties in certain circumstances for example:
- Financial advisers who may provide investors with financial product advice and service.
- Companies for the purpose of issuing statements and handling mail.
- Market research companies for the purpose of analysing the investor base.
- Other companies where services may be more efficiently provided by outsourcing.
- Legal and accounting firms, auditors, consultants and other advisers for the purpose of administering Angas investments and loans.
- The Company’s trustee appointed under the Trust Deed for First Ranking Debenture Stock. The trustee has certain rights and powers to request certain information regarding the Company and its fixed interest securities which may result in the disclosure of certain personal information of investors.
- Government authorities when required by law.
In the event that we propose to sell the business, we may disclose your personal information to potential purchasers for the purpose of their conducting due diligence investigations. Disclosure will be made in confidence and it will be a condition of that disclosure that no personal information will be used or disclosed by them.
Transfer of information overseas
We may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country but only if such transfer is lawful.
Angas Securities takes its obligations to protect your information seriously. This includes when we operate throughout Australia and overseas. As part of our operations, some uses and disclosures of your information may occur outside your State or Territory and/or outside Australia. In some circumstances, we may need to obtain your consent before this occurs.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
Angas Prime takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To ensure we can maintain this level of accuracy and completeness, we recommend that you:
- inform us of any errors in your personal information as soon as possible; and
- update us with any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Protecting your personal information
Angas Prime stores personal information it collects in different ways including in paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- requiring confidentiality agreements with its employees and contractors;
- having secure file storage;
- having secure places of business;
- permitting access to personal information only where the individual seeking access has satisfied reasonable identification/authorisation requirements;
- having up-to-date anti-virus/firewall measures to protect the Company’s computer network;
- having the web security measures outlined in the Company’s internet privacy statement below.
It is a legislative requirement that we keep all personal information and records for a period of seven years. Should you cease to be a client of ours, we will maintain your personal information on or off-site in a secure manner for seven years. After this, the information will be destroyed.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you want to access and/or correct personal information that Angas Prime or an outsourced service provider holds or you have any general issues you wish to raise with us, please call our Investor Relations Manager using our freecall line on 1800 010 800 Monday to Friday during normal business hours or write to the Investor Relations Manager at GPO Box 2948, Adelaide SA 5001 or email@example.com
If charges are applicable in providing access to you, we will disclose those charges to you prior to providing you with the information.
Limits on access to your personal information
Your access to your personal information is subject to some exceptions allowed by the Australian Privacy Principles, including if:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- access would be unlawful;
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you;
- the request for access relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings with you and you would not otherwise be entitled to access to the requested information;
- a third party has given us health information about you in confidence;
- denying access is required or authorised by law.
We will give you written reasons if we deny access.
Using government identifiers
Although Angas Securities collects government identifiers such as your tax file number, we do not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorised by law or unless you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
Privacy on the Internet
The following information is collected from users of the Angas Prime website:
- The user’s IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our web server logs. The information collected from site users is retained to monitor site currency and effectiveness of any site enhancements. The information is stored in a secure area on the host’s web server.
- The email addresses of people who send emails through any online forms or via any email addresses published on the site for the purpose of sending a response. The information is stored in a secure area on the host’s local area network and will not be used for any other purpose nor disclosed to a third party without the user’s consent unless required by law.
Users who access any secure area on Angas’ website by login via a username and password provided by the Company are identified by this login procedure and are assumed to be the person to whom the login details were originally provided.
No personal details otherwise provided by a user will be given to any other person except when permission is given by the user or disclosure is required by law.
When browsing you can access external websites by clicking on links provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Our website utilises cookies to provide you with a better user experience. Cookies also allow us to identify your browser while you are using our site – they do not identify you. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can instruct your web browser to refuse them.
Alternatively, you may contact our External Dispute Resolution Scheme, Australian Financial Complaints Authority ("AFCA"), at Reply Paid 252 South Sydney NSW 12340 or visit www.afca.org.au.
Angas Securities Limited Australian Financial Services Licence & Australian Credit Licence No. 232479
For more information please Contact Us